CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, March 11, 2010

getting married...


Since yesterday I am in the wedding mood!
To be totally honest, I think I am in the wedding mood since I was a sweet little baby girl wanting to marry my father..
Now my father is unfortunately not any more available for marriage and even when he technically was, I had no choice to look after an alternative..
But that had no real impact on my passion for wedding and romance and all things emotional!



So, yesterday I discovered brides.com which set me in a wedding fever and made me dream about my own marriage I would love to celebrate someday, Inshallah someday soon...
Many interesting things I found out..
for example that I am a "romantic bride", well, thats pretty obvious I guess!
There is also a guide for the groom how to pick up the right ring, how to propose and so on..
Since I saw sooo many things they suggested and I would hate when my personal husband to be would do that, I think it would be good to give some hints about what he should better NOT do, hehehee
so, here we go:

  • Do not propose to me in public were other people can see us, or if you have to, don't fall on your knee or do anything that will make an outstanding person notice what you are doing! It would make me feel very shy and embarrased!
  • But! only because I dont like too much attention in public doesn't mean that I don't want a nice proposal!!! :)))
  • Let me choose the ring! I have certain ideas of what I like and what now.. sooo, if you choose my ring yourself you might risk that I don't like it! Its also not so easy to find the right size for me.. (I don't need to have an highly expensive diamond, just want something gold and lovely)


I decided that it would be good and maybe at some point also helpful to write down my wishes and thoughts about my wedding.
  • I want to have two seperated wedding-ceremonies, one civil service with my family in my home town and then a second, islamic wedding in the area from which my husband will come from. Anyway, it's impossible in germany to combine religios and civil wedding.
for the wedding in my home town, I have already specific plan.. like always ;)
  • In the evening/day before the wedding I want to be just with my girls in a nice appartment and party!!!
  • I would love to have a summer wedding
  • I want to wear my grandmothers wedding dress! (it hangs in my mothers closet and I tried it one from time to time when I was a little girl)
  • I would like my bouquet to be made of lavender or/and camomille or/and Schleierkraut (don't know the englsih name), very romantic, beachy, gardeny, casual..
  • I want to get married in the late morning and then celebrate in a small romantic restaurant/garden next to the first house we lived in when I was a baby, its right at the river side!
  • I don't want my guests to drink alcohol!!! (thats also why I want to get married in the morning)
  • I want to be with all my guests ultil lunch, not the whole day! After lunch and after most people left I would love to have a walk, go to the city with my girls and my husband (and the ones he could bring with him).

For the second wedding I don't really have a plan (how unusual for me?!).
I just know that when there is going to be a party I want it to be segregated (men and women seperated)!!!
Apart from that I would love to be surprised!
I just want to have to come there and don't worry about all the arrangement and oragnization!
Oh, and for the wedding night I like to have a big nice hotel suite.. but I guess thats already standard?

Well, thats my plan so far.. maybe I will be updating this post from time to time to have like a list of wishes to look at when someday that special day will be in reach..
Inshallah it will be wonderful, how ever and where ever it will be and that the marriage will be so so much more wonderful that the wedding it self! Ameen


April,28 2010 Update:
our wedding plans have evolved:
the day before the civil wedding we will go to a mosque in my hometown just with my mom, her husband and my brother. next morning we will get a civil ceremony very early.. to be continued

0 Kommentare: