CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

London - the people

In the first week of february I went to London, the flight was just 50€!!!
It was my first time UK and therefore also the first time London and I really hope it wasn't the last time that Ive had the chance to visit that inspiring city.
London was the first city Ive seen that is in my eyes really diverse and multicultural. Here in France and Germany we also have very colourful cities, but it seems that the different ethnic or religious groups stay still seperated. They live all together in one city but still represent different groups of people who stay in different areas of the city. So they are mt, ulticultural cities in which the different cultures stay seperated and the minorities have their own space.
In London I had for the first time the feeling that the different cultures and minorities are really mixed. There are still separated districts like the pakistani district or china town, but there was still the impression that they are all Londons citizens, that it is possible to be from London and still be so different that other people from London..
I don't know if what I say makes sense to anybody or if what I say is even correct, but in my eyes it makes sense and is what I have seen during that 5 days.

Also for the first time I saw hijabi women allover!
pharmacist, assistant in accesorize.. allover in every store and position (as far as I can see).
I really wish from my heart that hijabi women in Germany will be able to see the same situation in their live!

Sooo, since I have soo many pictures Ill split my London report in different posts.
And the first is dedicated to the participants of this trip.
I went with Thi Hao and Luis, our mexican fellow student joined us the first day. Later he spend the days with his other friends but we flew back all together.









0 Kommentare: