My mother likes to say that my interest in culture and art is extremely limited and under developped, considering the fact the most of my pictures are those showing architecture prooves her somehow wrong I guess!
I went to the tate modern museum all alone, out of my free will and interest hehee
Actually it is right that I am not very much interested in going in museums, I think its much more interesting to watch what the people in that particular area do now, rather than what they used to do hundreds and hundreds of years ago!
I am much more interested in seeing how people behave, how they dress, what they do, how they live then watching what their ancestors used to do.
Maybe thats also why I think modern art is so much more interesting to me, and architecture.. how people live says so much about how they think and are!
This picture above, or more precisely that building above is my absolutely favorite!
For some that might be hard to believe but I dont really care.
It somehow evoces so much feelings in me and remembers me of so many things..
It reminds me of brazil, of the ghettos in my hometown and berlin and first and foremost it reminds me of Patras!!!
When i was still in school, I think i was about 15, I went with my school to greece. we came by ship and arrived greece at the harbour of Patras. I remember that I went with my friend down the streets, searching for a backery. And I also remember how ugly the streets were, everything was grey and noisy and dirty but still it was so so wonderful!!!
I also remember that in all the grey dirt there were palmtrees coming out of the asphalt and that they really made me think and somehow they must have really touched me.
When I went to brazil some months ago, the dirty gray streets of Recife reminded me again of Patras.. and now that building in London..
I really want to see those streets again, probably they will look completely different but something must be about them that they stayed in my mind all those years...
Saturday, February 20, 2010
London - architecture
Gepostet von Laura unter 2:30 AM
Labels: my daily life, travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Kommentare:
Post a Comment