
A few days ago, I talked to a very dear friend of mine.
She was feeling sad and exhausted.
Being overloaded with everything that was around her, trying to please all the people who wanted something from her..
Realisisng that it was just too much for her to handle, that she had no space to breath..
I think many of us feel like this, some more often than others maybe..
But how can we cope with all the roles we are expected to play, all the needs people want us to fulfill if we ourselfs are empty and exhausted?
How to care about others if you don't even know how to care for yourself?
Last semester was probably the most stressful semester I have ever experienced so far.. First I tried to do it all, to give 200% of my energy when suddenly I realised that there was simply no energy left!
Maybe others are stronger than me and maybe I could have worked harder.
But do I want that? Do I want to spend all my energy in studies and have no more energy left for myself? Some people make plans what they want to change in the new year, I don't.
But if there is something I realised, then it is the importance of time, high quality time spend with things that make me happy! Its not that i stopped being ambitious about my studies, I just realised that spending time with my family or with myself is so much more important than many other things!!!
Soooo, how did I turn my plan of spending more high quality time into action?
I will go to London for 5 days,
I will not attend 3 days of university to meet my lovely mother in Paris and I am just about to book a Day-Spa for my mothers birthday and right after doing that I will give some special beauty treatment to my self!
You see, it's all about high quality time!
People say everything is circling arout a center point.
But if there is no center point, nothing can circle around it!
So, please yourself first if you want to please others.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
take YOUR time
Gepostet von Laura unter 4:36 AM
Labels: my daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Kommentare:
MMMMMMMMMMMM VERY NICE
Good Doing. Go Ahead and take your time. ;)
Hope you nice and Joyful trip dear valued writer.
Post a Comment