CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 8, 2010

lingerie... or: sexieness is for everyone?

Hmmm something very interesting I just found...
An german lingerie comercial using a completely veiled lady to attract attention.

Sexiness for everyone from Glow Berlin on Vimeo.



I think I dont like the commecrial..
or: I like the commercial but do not like the idea of men watching it...
the slogan is "sexieness for everyone" even for muslim ladies?
wow, who would have thought that even muslim ladies could be sexy..
didn't we learned that muslim ladies are only oppressed and dont care about their appearance at all coz anyways nobody will se them???
(when I was still at school a girl once came to me and asked why I did care about having nice hair. I didnt even have to have hair since nobody would see it anyways... ahaaaa.. sure!)
except maybe her husband but he will neglect her anyway and just use her as his maid..
aren't I right???

So, on one hand I like the commercial because for the first time it shows muslim women as ladies who are feminine and not as badly treated maids who only exist to serve their husbands and have millions of babies.
But on the other hand i dislike that this will only encrease the phantasies that some men already have about veiled women..
"from the outside she might appear all innocent but at home she goes crazy.."
In the same way I dont want men to see me in lingerie, i dont want them to imagin me wearing it.. and I dont think this commercial will reduce mens imagination...

Besides:
Usually it is a rule that the more you are covered, the more respect you get...
But I might to be wrong with that impression since once I was in a certain district of paris which was mostly arabic (and specially arabs should understand the concept of veiling). I was completely covered but treated as I would be strutting down the street with nothing more on my body then high heels and stockings!!!
Like they had never heared the word respect ever before..
I even had to cover my face to be treated with a minimum of decency!!

sooo.. talking about respect, male fantasies and sexieness... ;)

0 Kommentare: