While on my research about the last post I found these wonderful words that I totally had to share:
A Muslim mother is available to her
child. A Muslim father is available to his child. We know that with parent-child
attachment comes the emotional security that is necessary for developing
a healthy inner self-confidence. The message we want to get across to our
child is, "If you have a problem, come to me. If you are afraid, tell me
about it. If you are lonely, I am here." We are not interested in cultivating
independence before the child is ready for it.
That is exactly what I want to give our child on his way:
we are your parents and we love you, what ever might happen,
we are there for you whenever you need us,
we are there for you to protect you and guide you and love you.
I don't believe it to be beneficial to push a child away as soon as possible, I don't think that helps a child to become strong and independent.
I believe by being there for a child when he needs us (babies need us all the time) makes them feel loved and secure, secure enough to go out on their own to discover the new world around them, knowing that if something happens they are not alone and if they fall we will be there to catch them.

0 Kommentare:
Post a Comment