CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 18, 2012

don't think, just listen to the others... really?

Everybody knows whats good for your baby,
and for you...
just you don't know it...
why?
because your a first time mom!
So just stop, or better:
don't even start thinking and just do what they'll tell you to do. And they'll tell you A LOT, unfortunately they tell you all different things that make you so confused that you have no other choice but to start thinking yourself..
and thats only were the whole thing starts!

And because I was loaded with advise, I would feel shy if I couldn't give some advise back:
Don't listen!
At least don't listen to 95% of what they tell you!
Why? Because they don't know anything?
No! Because they advise about THEIR baby, not about YOUR baby. And every baby is different and only YOU know YOUR baby.

My second piece of advise:
Listen to your heart, your mind and your instinct. Believe in yourself and in the mother in you.

There was a time I was going crazy thinking about what I shall do with the baby, was I doing it right, and more importantly, were the OTHERS thinking that I was doing it right?

Then there was some point when I said to myself:
you will get 1000 advises about the same subject telling you 1000 different things to do. Listen to them all, smile and nod. Then go, ask Allah to guide you and just follow your heart and your mind.

It took me three months to come to this conclusion and even now it is very hard to apply, very hard to not feel evaluated by others.
"Oh, she does it differently than I did, that cannot be right!"

What helped me:
knowing that my husband thinks I am a good mom and believes in me,
having my mom sharing the same opinion,
and once I figuered out what parenting style was close to mine, find mothers with similar ideas to support you.
(I found mine at kellymom.com)




0 Kommentare: